In order to know what you want for your kitchen, it’s important to get an idea of the countertop options we stock at Affordable Quality Marble & Granite. But before you come in, we want to help you get familiar with what goes into choosing a new countertop.
At this juncture, it’s normal to feel a little nervous. After all, the change that you’re about to undergo is sizable, and you’ve most likely been gearing up for it for a while.
But there’s no need to worry—our team of professionals is here to walk you through the process. We’ll take away the intimidation that comes with choosing a new countertop material and help you reach a result that you’ll love.
There are a few factors to consider when choosing between countertop options. These factors include:
There are many different looks to choose from regarding countertop options. When it comes to natural stone, you’ll find that every slab is different! You’ll want a countertop that you enjoy looking at—not just now, but into the future. The countertop is typically the first place your eyes go when you walk into a kitchen, so you want to make sure yours catches attention for the right reasons.
Aesthetics is also about the way a countertop feels when you touch it. Do you want one that is room temperature, or would you prefer a surface that stays cool no matter what?
When it comes to colors, do you prefer rich shades or neutral tones? Are you looking for something with veining—subtle or bold?
It’s also key to compare the aesthetics of your new countertop to the rest of the design elements in your kitchen. You’ll want it to complement your backsplash, paint colors, cabinets, and hardware finish.
In our showroom, you can find granite, marble, quartz, and tile, and any of these selections would be a great choice for your kitchen. It all depends on what you’re drawn to!
In an especially large kitchen, you could even choose to mix and match depending on the look you’re going for. This way, you can enjoy the benefits of more than one of these stones while still making for a fully functional kitchen!
Keep in mind that most mid- to high-end kitchens utilize granite, quartz, or marble. These stones have an innate sophistication to them that brings out the beauty of a space.
– Granite is one of our most popular selections. Not only is it gorgeous, but it’s also very durable. Beyond that, it can even raise the resale value of your home.
– It’s heat resistant and scratch resistant—all you have to do is make sure to keep it sealed. It’s even easy to clean! Just soap and water will do the trick.
– It’s known for its bold colorations, so it’s sure to stand out in your kitchen and make a unique statement.
– Quartz is nonporous, meaning they never need to be sealed. They are unwelcoming to germs and bacteria—because of their nonporous surface, they are very hygienic.
– It’s durable, but they do not resist heat in the same way natural stones do—so exercise caution.
– It’s available in more consistent, uniform, and predictable patterns than you see in natural stones.
-Marble is a classy choice that boasts beautiful veining patterns and a surface that is always cool. This stone is softer than granite but just as heat resistant.
– Marble needs to be sealed in the same way granite does, and it is durable too.
– This stone brings a dramatic look to a kitchen.
– You can create tiles out of nearly any countertop material, but our most popular choice is porcelain.
– Porcelain is heat resistant and incredibly durable, and it comes in a huge variety of colorations. Like quartz, it does not need to be sealed.
At Affordable Quality Marble & Granite, our professionals can give you worthwhile advice on what edge profiles suit your countertops best. Get in touch with us today to learn more.